The Bissell Crosswave is among the finest vacuum cleaners available in the market and that’s why it’s not that hard to clean it either. This multi-functional tool is specially manufactured to aid hardwood floor cleaning. However, it can also be used as a regular vacuum cleaner on carpeted floors where it displays unrivaled efficiency. Its ability to capture micropollutants coupled with particulate matter increases its abilities to a great extent and makes it ideal for a wide variety of consumers. It is also excellent in removing pet hair.
But, capturing a variety of pollutants would inevitably lead to the build-up of dust and debris in the water tank, purifying filters, and would also affect the brush roll drying tray along with the storage tray. Negligence in the maintenance of these items can lead to leakage. Thus, this article offers insights into how to clean the Bissell Crosswave brush roll, purifying filter, water tank, and storage tray in the most cost-effective and least damaging manner. In addition, check out more tips on how to clean vacuum cleaners we shared earlier.
How to Clean Bissell Crosswave?
Here are some quick ways to clean your crosswave after cleaning.
Cleaning Brush Roll, Window, and Chamber
While cleaning a Bissell Crosswave, you should first isolate the unit and then place it in a large area. It is recommended to shift the item to an open area where sufficient water is available to complete a task like your lawn, backyard, or kitchen sink. Using a kitchen sink for cleaning will enable you to drain all the wastewater without creating a mess.
For thoroughly cleaning all the equipment it is advised to remove the brush roll, and chamber carefully. Most models feature removable components so you do not need to exert much effort in this regard. In addition to this, ensure that the apparatus is unplugged from the switch. Removing or cleaning a device when it is plugged in an outlet might lead to accidental damage. Afterward, follow the below-mentioned steps to get the task done.
- Pull the brush window in the upward position to access the brush roll, which can be removed by pulling up the roll tab.
- Carry the components into the kitchen sink and wash them properly with the help of warm water. You can also use a cleaning solution in small amounts to remove the excessive dirt.
- Use a paper towel or cleaning cloth to aid the process, however, remember to rub gently. Scrubbing hard might lead to the formation of scratches which might damage the product.
- Let the equipment dry for 24 hours before placing it back in its original position. Do not use any drying agent or machine to dry the apparatus. You just need to place it in a room and let it dry by itself.
- The brush roll can be reinserted by pushing its ends in the tab one by one at a time. Then, place the brush window carefully on the top. You will hear a clicking sound when it has been inserted in its original position and you are good to go.
Cleaning the Filter and Water Tank
Cleaning the filter and dirty water tank is not that difficult. However, you should be careful while doing so to prevent damaging the filter. Similarly, in order to avoid hassle and unwanted mess around your home; it is recommended to perform the task near the kitchen sink or an open area. Follow these steps for cleaning a filter.
- First and foremost, empty the dirty water tank completely before cleaning it. There might be dirty water present in the tank. So, be extremely careful while draining it.
- Before draining the water from the tank, remove the tank with the help of the release button located on the device.
- Remember to grab the handle of the water tank before pressing the release button, else it might drop and lead to leakage.
- After pressing the release button, remove the tank by pulling it from the top and empty the contents into the sink. Afterward, wash the tank surface properly with Lukewarm water.
- Once done, it is time to clean the filter which is extremely necessary. The filter is responsible for absorbing all the impurities and often gets dirty. Thus, in order to sustain its life and performance efficiency, it is advised to properly maintain and clean the filter regularly.
- The filter can be removed by pulling it up from the top of the tank. Once removed, clean the filter gently using the warm water. Do not use a cleaning solution or detergent to wash the filter as it might lead to damage. Simply clean the filter using warm water.
- Similarly, avoid washing the filter inside a washing machine instead wash it by hand and rub it gently to remove impurities. The use of a washing machine will damage the filter and render it ineffective.
- Let the filter dry for 24 hours by itself, do not use any drying machine or spinner to dry the filter. Place it inside a room for 24 hours and let it dry completely before inserting it back.
- In the meantime, you should clean the inside area of the tank as dirt might settle at the bottom of the tank over time.
- You can clean the dirt by washing the interior with warm water and then using a cleaning cloth to wipe the dirt.
- Let the components dry completely before reassembling them.
- For assembly, it is recommended to first insert the filter into the water tank and then place the tank back into the device. You will hear a clicking sound once the tank has been placed properly.
Cleaning the Storage Tray
Storage tray clean-up is of utmost importance and so is the vacuum hose as we explained here (for the vacuums that have it). The item is used to store the Bissell Crosswave when not in use and can also be used to aid in the cleaning of the equipment. You can simply place the apparatus on top of the tray and clean it without any difficulty. Following steps can be carried out for cleaning the storage tray;
- After you have cleaned the machine properly while placing it on top of the storage tray. It is time to clean the tray as well.
- The machine clean-up uses a lot of water and cleaning solution which might be present over the tray after the process has been completed and the targeted clean-up has been accomplished.
- Drain the excess water from the tray and wipe it dry with the help of a clean dry cloth.
- If there is any solution settled over the tray, rub it gently to loosen the material on the surface of the tray.
- Afterward, rinse it with lukewarm water and dry it before placing the unit back in storage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cleaning solutions can be used for various components of Bissell Crosswave. However, it is strongly advised to avoid the use of such materials on the filter integrated into the water tank. Vinegar and water solution in an appropriate amount can be used to create a mixture that performs efficiently while cleaning the tools. Remember to use distilled water for this purpose instead of regular tap water.
There might be a variety of reasons for the leakage of the Crosswave water tank. The water tank is used to store dirty water in the system and is integrated with a specialized filter that absorbs unwanted impurities. The most common reason for leakage is the build-up of dirt in the tank and overflowing of dirty water if not cleaned in time. Negligence in the maintenance of the tank can contribute to excessive leakage over time.
No, we strongly advise against the use of bleach to clean the Bissell Crosswave. This is due to the strong nature of the bleaching components that might affect the performance of the device and in some cases might damage it to a great extent. Hence, you should never use bleach to clean the material. Instead, you can just use lukewarm water and a cleaning cloth to wipe the dirt from the system and you are good to go.
Bissell Cosswave is a highly efficient, all-in-one tool that is specifically designed to clean hardwood floors, tiles, and other types of flooring surfaces. It also performs extremely well on carpeted areas and can be used as a normal vacuum cleaner without any difficulty or performance inefficiency.
Bissell Crosswave is a performance-oriented, cost-efficient product that offers a perfect solution to your daily cleaning needs. This all-in-one device allows you to clean hardwood floor tiles, marbles, and other flooring materials without exerting much effort. Its remarkable efficiency on carpeted floors is admired by a wide variety of consumers.
However, negligence in the maintenance of the unit might contribute to performance inefficiency and might lower the product’s life. Hence, this article offered various techniques for cleaning the brush roll, window, storage tray, and filter of the Bissell Crosswave. It is advised to use warm water during cleaning and avoid the use of cleaning agents to prevent damage to the equipment. Similarly, the filter should be hand washed for better results.